Friday, December 3, 2010

Random Designs

I'm trying to do better at designing things that aren't just generic shapes like circles and squares, so I made the goal to try to design something at least once a day. These are a few logos I've done the past few days.

This is totally random, I thought of steam and a bowl, so I made "Wong Noodles."

Wheat has some nice shape to it (no straight lines), so I did it.


Yet again, no straight lines. Random though.



I saw someone doing a tree like this a little bit ago so I decided to try it.





I did this logo for a friend, he does stone signs and his company is called "Park City Stone." If you look closely you can see a 'P' 'C' and 'S'.



I needed a circular logo for my business card so I did this one. I don't like it much but it serves it's purpose.




I started to draw this on my papers at school at BYU-Idaho. I finally decided to digitize it.



2 comments:

  1. I like the tree. You could make some leaves for it, and turn it into a funky family tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael,
    We found your site through Marian's link to your project. So fun to see your talent and your great video project. My husband, Josh (a graphic designer by profession w/ an MFA and has taught at the university some) wanted me to compliment you on the composition in your photographs and overall work. He's excited to see where the future takes you. I am too! Best wishes to a talented young man!
    -Anna

    ReplyDelete